Sunday, September 30, 2007

Never enough time

I'm very frustrated now that I'm back at school. Over the summer, even with my internship, I was putting in a solid two hours of knitting a day. Now, I'm lucky if I sit down for a half hour. The only times I get much done at all is when I go to our Stitch 'n' Bitch on Wednesdays.
I'm sometimes overcome with the desire to blow off all my homework and my classes and just knit for a few days straight, but I'm really too much of a goody two shoes for that.
In the past week gotten the edging around the second corner on the Syrian Shoulder Shawl. I'm looking forward to finishing this, I want to start a new lace project, but I'm not allowed until I finish this one. I have to be very bossy with myself when it comes to starting new projects. If I just started projects as the ideas came to me, I'd be bankrupt and frustrated because I'd never finish a thing. But I'm just about to round the third corner, so the end is in sight.
Soon my dear friend Kristina will be taking pictures of my knitting. I am very pleased about this because I need pictures for my projects on Ravelry (which by the way is so insanely cool I just can't stand it), and not only does Kristina have a real camera, she's also a really bitchin' amateur photographer!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Dear Knitter Extraordinaire,

You are very impressive and I love your work. Post pictures soon!

Kristina D. Closs said...

Hello, guess who started a blog ( I know it was inevitable) and as with most things I seem a bit obsessed with it but hey fun for all right? Anyway let me know when you want me to take pictures of your stuff!